Madison Water Treatment Systems
Keeping Your Water Supply Fresh & Clean
A pipe fracture or blockage can provide an unwelcome opportunity for your water supply to become contaminated. Unfortunately, many property owners don’t realize that their water supply has been compromised until the problem has become severe. Even a small amount of contamination can cause all sorts of issues, so it’s vital to make sure your water system is intact.
Arndt & Son Plumbing is an approved provider of backflow testing and certification. This means we can check your water system to ensure your drinking water isn’t being contaminated by wastewater or contaminants from another source. If you want to be sure your drinking water is of acceptable quality, we can give you the information you need.
When to Get Your Water Tested
Obviously, if you notice that your water is discolored or has a foul taste, appropriate testing is vital. However, there are several other circumstances when it may be wise to get your water tested as a precautionary measure.
Some of the occasions when testing could be beneficial are detailed below:
- Just after moving into a new property
- Following a period of bad weather (pipes may fracture or shift)
- Following landscaping or renovation work (pipes may be compromised)
- After having some type of plumbing work completed
If you do find that there is a problem with your water supply, we offer a number of proven solutions. If initial repairs don’t produce the solution you’re looking for, you may wish to install a water filtration or softener system.
Water Filtration Options
Using a variety of different technologies, water filtration removes large amounts of retained particles and can even be used to prevent bacteria from multiplying! We offer a range of water filtration solutions that can be tailored to meet the specific requirements of your home. In addition to skilled installation, we also offer ongoing maintenance and repair if required.
The main types of water filtration we offer are:
- Reverse osmosis (RO) options
- Water filtration that uses UV light to reduce bacteria replication
- Carbon filters that can remove a wide selection of contaminants
Water Softener Installation & Repair
We have decades of experience when it comes to water softeners. Our team installs Hellenbrand Pro Series models, providing a customized solution to your water softening requirements. Get in touch with our experienced plumbers to discuss what you need in more detail.
What Is a Water Softener?
A water softener is a valuable addition to your plumbing system that plays a significant role in improving the quality of your water supply. Water hardness refers to the presence of minerals, primarily calcium and magnesium, in your water. These minerals can accumulate in pipes, appliances, and fixtures, causing issues like scale buildup, reduced efficiency, and appliance lifespan.
How Water Softeners Work
A water softener is a device designed to combat water hardness by utilizing a process called ion exchange. The core of the system is a tank filled with resin beads that have a negative charge. When hard water flows through the tank, the resin beads attract and trap the calcium and magnesium ions responsible for water hardness.
As the hard water passes through the resin tank, the calcium and magnesium ions are exchanged with sodium ions present on the resin beads. This exchange effectively "softens" the water by removing the minerals responsible for hardness.
Once the resin becomes saturated with calcium and magnesium ions, it needs to be regenerated. This is done by flushing the resin with a saltwater solution, which restores the resin's ability to attract and remove minerals.
The Benefits of a Water Softener
Investing in a water softener offers numerous benefits for your home, including:
- Reduced Scale Buildup: Softened water prevents scale buildup in pipes, appliances, and fixtures, preserving their efficiency and extending their lifespan.
- Improved Appliance Efficiency: Appliances like dishwashers, water heaters, and washing machines operate more efficiently with softened water, leading to energy savings.
- Softer Skin and Hair: Softened water can lead to softer skin and smoother hair, as it doesn't leave behind the soap residue that hard water does.
- Brighter and Cleaner Laundry: Softened water enhances the effectiveness of detergents, resulting in brighter and cleaner laundry.
- Savings on Cleaning Products: Softened water requires fewer cleaning products, as it doesn't leave mineral deposits on surfaces.
- Longer Lifespan of Plumbing System: By preventing scale buildup in pipes, water softeners contribute to the longevity of your plumbing system.
Our professional team can assess your water quality, recommend the right water softener for your needs, and ensure a proper installation. Contact us today to explore how a water softener can make a positive impact on your home's water quality and overall comfort.
the Benefits of Installing Water Treatment Systems
Although untreated water from an approved source is normally safe to drink, water treatment systems can greatly improve your water’s taste and appearance.
Some of the advantages our customers experience after having a filtration or softener system fitted in their homes include:
- Reduced calciferous build-up in their pipework and white goods
- Better flavor and enhanced clarity of the water
- Less wear and tear on appliances that use water
- Peace of mind that their family is enjoying high-grade, purer water
Our aim is to always offer competitively priced water treatment solutions that are right for your individual circumstances.